Alaskan Bear Viewing At Its Finest…
Seawind Aviation is proud to announce the addition of a new Alaskan bear viewing tour in the Misty Fjords! Mixing the exciting and beautiful aerial views of a seaplane tour with serene water-top wildlife viewing, this is the perfect experience for viewing Alaskan bears in the wild before they head to the spawning streams. This tour will start in Mid May, and run through the end of July. Check out some of the additional highlights below, and contact us to book your Misty Fjords bear watch tour today! Call us locally: 907-225-1206 , or toll free: 1-877-225-1203
- Every tour is designed according to daily conditions to provide the best possible viewing of Misty Fjords and wild bears.
- Every passenger has a window seat to maximize sighting of humpback whales and orcas in the sea, as well as mountain goats in alpine heights.
- Your experienced pilot provides narration customized for the day’s route and passengers use two-way headsets to ask questions and talk to each other.
- Our objective is to put you close to wild bears by landing near their foraging areas—usually on grassy saltwater shorelines, but sometimes on alpine lakefronts.
- Bear sightings are usual on this tour, but are not guaranteed. Our pilots’ knowledge of bears’ seasonal behavior and daily overflights in Misty Fjords offer your best odds for viewing bears.
- When we touch down for bear viewing, we will float quietly as close as we can to the bears while ensuring that you are safe and the bears are not disturbed. Bears have keen senses of hearing and smell; noises and strong fragrances can frighten them.
- From the safety of the aircraft’s floats, marvel at nature’s handiwork and get plenty of photos—then fire up the engine and enjoy the second half of your Air and Bears flight seeing excursion.